The following provisions apply to Lending Science DM’s processing of information of California residents that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household [subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act] (California Personal Information). For such California residents, the provisions of this California Addendum prevail over any conflicting provisions of the Privacy Notice.
Lending Science DM, Inc has collected the following categories of personal information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, within the last 12 months:
(1.) Identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security numbers, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
(2.) Any categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 (California Customer Records statute). This means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Personal information does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.
(3.) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal law.
(4.) Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
(5.) Biometric information.
(6.) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
(7.) Geolocation data.
(8.) Audio, electronic, visual, audio, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
(9.) Professional or employment-related information.
(10.) Education, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
(11.) Inferences are drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitude.
Lending Science DM has sold California Personal Information identified in the above categories (1)-(11) within the last 12 months.
We use the California Personal Information we collect for the business purposes disclosed within this Privacy Notice. Note that the business purposes for which we use your information may include:
- Reporting and audits relating to transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Protecting against and detecting security incidents, as well as, illegal, deceptive, malicious, or fraudulent activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair the intended functionality of our systems;
- Transient use including customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including but not limited to servicing or maintaining accounts, verifying identity information, processing payments, and providing customer service;
- Conducting internal research to develop products or services;
- Demonstrating technology; and
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of products and services we provide and internal systems
Lending Science DM may also use the information we collect for operational purposes, this includes our own use and sometimes for the use of our service providers. There are purposes for which we may provide you additional notice, for purposes compatible with the context in which the California Personal Information was collected.
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. [You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise permitted under applicable law.]
- Section 100 Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Section 105 Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you which Lending Science DM has collected from you.
- Section 110 Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected from;
- our business and/or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Section 115 Rights. In the event that we sell your personal information or disclose that information for a business purpose, you may request that we disclose to you:
- the categories of personal information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of personal information about you that we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Opt-Out. We may sell your personal information to third parties. You have the right to opt-out of such sales here. Any opt-out request should be sent to [email protected]
You may request to exercise these rights by:
- By completing our rights request form available by emailing: [email protected]; or
- Calling us toll-free at 800-769-3050.
As required or permitted under applicable law, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.] We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level of quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to opt-out of our sales of certain information relating to individuals and households subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. To exercise this opt-out right, whether you have an account or not, please submit a request via [email protected] Include your name, account number (if applicable), and email address or mailing address.